Updated: Mar 9
This warm garlic-Parmesan shrimp is packed with wonderful flavors, but the real breakout star is the versatile roasted garlic dip. This easy dip is delicious as written, or it can be customized with your favorite herbs and spices, such as dill or parsley, to create a variety of flavor combinations. Try it with fresh vegetables, or stir some into your favorite creamy soups for an extra pop of flavor.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 45-50 minutes Serves: 6
Roasted Garlic Dip Ingredients:
1 large garlic head 1 T. extra virgin olive oil ½ c. sour cream ½ c. Greek yogurt 2 T. lemon juice 1 t. organic lemon zest 2 t. ground cumin Optional: ½ t. cayenne pepper Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Garlic-Parmesan Shrimp Ingredients:
3 T. extra virgin olive oil 3-4 cloves garlic, finely minced 2 t. Dijon mustard 1 t. ground cumin 3 T. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated Sea salt and black pepper, to taste 1½ lbs. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined 1½ T. lemon juice 1/3 c. fresh parsley, minced
Will also need: Parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. To make the roasted garlic dip, slice a thin sliver from the head of garlic, just enough so the cloves are exposed. Drizzle the cloves with olive oil and place the whole bulb on a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Place in the pre-heated oven and roast for 40 minutes, or until the garlic is tender and creamy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
3. While the garlic is cooling, prepare the garlic shrimp seasoning by combining the olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, ground cumin, and grated Parmesan cheese in a large glass or other non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
4. Add shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine. Transfer the seasoned shrimp to the prepared baking sheet and place in pre-heated oven to roast for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp are just firm and pink. Do not overcook.
5. While the shrimp is roasting, squeeze roasted garlic cloves into a blender or food processor. Add sour cream, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, lemon zest, ground cumin, and cayenne pepper, if using, and blend until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and transfer to a small serving bowl.
6. Remove shrimp from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and fresh parsley. Toss to combine when just cool enough to handle. Serve immediately with the creamy roasted garlic dip. Enjoy!