Have you heard of sous vide cooking? Here is a recipe for Swordfish Steaks with Spicy Pineapple Salsa using the cooking method.
If you would like to more about the method, check out my blog post at for more information on the method. You'll find it at www.GreenHatLady.com/post/sous-vide.
Tip: If possible, prepare the pineapple salsa the night before to give the flavors a chance to combine.
Prep time: 20 minutes Sous Vide Temp: 130°F Cook time: 30 minutes Serves: 4
Ingredients: 4 6-oz. swordfish steaks Sea salt and black pepper, to taste 1½ T. extra virgin olive oil Spicy Pineapple Salsa Ingredients: 3 c. fresh pineapple, diced ½ small red onion, diced ½ medium red bell pepper, diced ½ medium orange bell pepper, diced ½ - 1 medium jalapeño pepper, seeds removed and finely diced 1/3 c. fresh cilantro, chopped 3 T. fresh lime juice Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Prepare the pineapple salsa by combining all ingredients in a large, non-reactive bowl. Cover and set aside (or place in the refrigerator if using the next day).
2. Fill a large container or pot with water and attach the sous vide circulator to the side. Set the temperature to 130°F and the cook time to 30 minutes.
3. While the water bath heats up, season the swordfish steaks with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place in an airtight plastic bag and remove as much air as possible from the bag as possible before sealing.
4. Once the water bath reaches the set temperature, add the sealed bag. (The bag should sink if enough air has been removed). Adjust the sous vide timer back to 30 minutes, if necessary.
5. When the cook time is complete, remove the swordfish from the water bath transfer to a plate. Pat dry with a paper towel or clean towel.
6. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the swordfish. Sear until the steaks develop some nice color, approximately 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and serve immediately with fresh pineapple salsa. Enjoy!