Updated: Aug 16
This is a great recipe for vegetarians and plant-based eaters alike. It is filled with artichokes, cannellini beans, swiss chard and more. This recipe scores for both nutritional power and taste. Enjoy!
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 20-25 minutes Serves: 4-6
1 10-ounce. jar whole artichoke hearts ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, divided ½ teaspoon dried oregano Sea salt and black pepper, to taste 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced 2-3 garlic cloves, minced 2 medium bunches rainbow or green Swiss chard, stemmed and thinly sliced 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar 1 14-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained 1 medium red pear, chopped ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted 2 ounces Feta cheese, crumbled ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat.
2. Toss the artichoke hearts with a tablespoon of olive oil and the dried oregano in a large bowl. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste. 3. Arrange on the prepared baking sheet in a uniform layer without overcrowding and place in the pre-heated oven to roast until tender and slightly browned around the edges, approximately 20-25 minutes.
4. In the meantime, heat another tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, approximately 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in the Swiss chard and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the Swiss chard is just wilted, approximately 2-3 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil with the balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
7. When done roasting, remove artichokes from oven and set aside.
8. To assemble, arrange the wilted Swiss chard on the bottom of a serving bowl or platter and top with the cannellini beans, roasted artichoke hearts, and the red pear. Sprinkle the toasted pine nuts, crumbled Feta, and fresh parsley on top. Finish with a drizzle of the homemade balsamic dressing before serving.