Updated: 3 days ago
Here is a recipe that is sure to start your new year on the right foot. Add this delicious pistachio-crusted salmon to your January meal plan! Stop by Green Hat Lady to learn about Cooper's Food and Recipe club, where you will find over 1,000 tasty recipes to start 2020!
Prep time: 15 minutes / Cook time: 15 minutes / Serves: 4
4 6-oz. salmon fillets Sea salt and black pepper, to taste ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil, divided ¼ c. fresh lemon juice, divided 1 t. Dijon mustard 1½ T. runny honey 1 garlic clove, finely minced ½ c. pistachios, roughly chopped 1 t. ground cardamom 1 pint cherry tomatoes 6 c. mixed salad greens 1 medium cucumber, diced ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced ¼ c. Kalamata olives, chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Place salmon fillets on the prepared baking sheet and generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil with 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Add the mustard, honey, and garlic and whisk to combine. Brush each fillet with the honey-mustard mixture until coated.
3. Add chopped pistachios and ground cardamom to a small bowl and stir to combine. Evenly divide the pistachio mixture among the salmon fillets, gently pressing the mixture into each fillet to ensure it adheres.
4. Place the cherry tomatoes in a medium bowl and drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Arrange the seasoned tomatoes around the salmon fillets and place in the pre-heated oven to roast until the salmon is flakey and the cherry tomatoes are blistered, approximately 13-15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, combine the mixed salad leaves, cucumber, red onion, and Kalamata olives in a large bowl. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
6. Once baking time is complete, remove salmon and tomatoes from oven. Serve immediately with the fresh salad on the side. Enjoy!
If you enjoy this recipe, stop by the Green Hat Lady’s Recipe Bungalow to check out my collection of tens of thousands more recipes to shake up your menu plans. The recipes are spread across multiple food themes to make it easier to find the ones that will become your next favorites.
Or, just check out my recipe blog to see what recipes I've been posting.
Keepin’ It Simple and Sassy in the Kitchen,