Updated: 3 days ago
Paneer Tikka is an Indian dish made from chunks of Paneer (a soft cheese from the Indian subcontinent that doesn't melt) marinated in spices and grilled in a tandoor. It is a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka and other meat dishes and very popular as starters. It remains a hot favorite in India and other countries with an Indian diaspora.
½ c. Paneer, cubed
1 onion, cubed
½ bell peppers, square slices
1 T. turmeric powder
1 t. red chili powder
2 T. olive oil
2 T. chickpea flour
½ c. Greek yogurt
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 C (350 F) for 5 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add turmeric and chili powder. Turn off the heat.
4. Mix all the marinade ingredients (including oil and spices) in a bowl. Add water if required.
5. Marinate the paneer and veggies in the marinade mix for 5 minutes.
6. Line up paneer, onion and peppers in pre-soaked wooden skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes).
7. Grill the skewers in the oven for 20 minutes at 175 C (350 F) until the ingredients have cooked.
8. Serve hot with tomato sauce or any dip.
Place the skewers in a tray lined with aluminum foil so that they do not stick to the grill.
If you enjoy this recipe, stop by the Green Hat Lady’s Recipe Bungalow to check out my collection of tens of thousands more recipes to shake up your menu plans. The recipes are spread across multiple food themes to make it easier to find the ones that will become your next favorites.
Or, just check out my recipe blog to see what recipes I've been posting.
Keepin’ It Simple and Sassy in the Kitchen,