Updated: Aug 16
Paneer Tikka is an Indian dish made from chunks of Paneer (a soft cheese from the Indian subcontinent that doesn't melt) marinated in spices and grilled in a tandoor. It is a vegetarian alternative to chicken tikka and other meat dishes and very popular as starters. It remains a hot favorite in India and other countries with an Indian diaspora.
½ c. Paneer, cubed
1 onion, cubed
½ bell peppers, square slices
1 T. turmeric powder
1 t. red chili powder
2 T. olive oil
2 T. chickpea flour
½ c. Greek yogurt
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 175 C (350 F) for 5 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add turmeric and chili powder. Turn off the heat.
4. Mix all the marinade ingredients (including oil and spices) in a bowl. Add water if required.
5. Marinate the paneer and veggies in the marinade mix for 5 minutes.
6. Line up paneer, onion and peppers in pre-soaked wooden skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes).
7. Grill the skewers in the oven for 20 minutes at 175 C (350 F) until the ingredients have cooked.
8. Serve hot with tomato sauce or any dip.
Place the skewers in a tray lined with aluminum foil so that they do not stick to the grill.