Updated: 3 days ago
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 10-12 minutes Serves: 6
1 cup cream cheese
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk 1 c. mild salsa Verde 1 c. mango, roughly chopped 1 small jalapeno, seeded 2 T. fresh lime juice 2 t. ground cumin 1 t. chili powder 1 t. smoked paprika ½ t. sea salt 1 T. extra virgin olive oil 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into very thin slices 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced 3 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Add coconut milk, salsa Verde, mango, jalapeno, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, and sea salt to a blender and blend until mixture is combined, but still chunky. Set aside.
2. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large non-stick skillet. Add sliced chicken to the hot skillet and cook just until most pieces are no longer pink, stirring occasionally, approximately 3-4 minutes.
3. Add sliced bell peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in mixture from the blender and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked and sauce is heated through.
5. Remove from heat and serve immediately with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro on top. Enjoy!
If you enjoy this recipe, stop by the Green Hat Lady’s Recipe Bungalow to check out my collection of tens of thousands more recipes to shake up your menu plans. The recipes are spread across multiple food themes to make it easier to find the ones that will become your next favorites.
Or, just check out my recipe blog to see what recipes I've been posting.
Keepin’ It Simple and Sassy in the Kitchen,