Updated: Aug 16
Who doesn’t love brownies and fudge? No one! This recipe will surely be a hit because it combines fudge and brownies in one cupcake like mini cake. It is rich, dense, dark, and oh so yummy!
What You’ll Need:
Half a cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Icing sugar for dusting
1 large egg
Half a cup of melted butter
Half a cup of all-purpose flour
Half a cup chocolate chips (use dark chocolate if you like it extra chocolate-y!)
1 tablespoon crushed graham crackers (optional)
Let’s Make Some Chocolate Lava Brownies!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F and gather all your ingredients.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, fully melt the butter and turn off heat.
3. Add the chocolate chips and allow to melt until smooth.
4. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, egg, cocoa powder, and the butter-chocolate mixture until there are no more lumps. Just be sure to not over mix because you won’t want the brownie to become tough.
5. Let the mixture rest for about 5-10 minutes while your oven is still preheating. You can also start preparing your cupcake tins or ramekins by greasing it with some butter. To make this extra special, you may also use some crushed grahams to dust the insides of your cupcake tins or ramekins.
6. Fill your molds about half way up with your brownie mixture and bake in the oven for about 7 to 10 minutes. If you want the ‘lava’ to be very gooey, take out of the oven at about 7 minutes (I took out mine in 10 minutes so the center is really cooked).
7. Serve with some dried or fresh fruits plus a sprinkling of icing sugar! Enjoy!
Note: Makes 4 chocolate lava brownies. Simply use twice or thrice the ingredients to make more.