Updated: Aug 16
Enjoy our recipe for Chickpea Sweet Potato and Spinach Curry! Serves: 4
1 tbsp. olive oil
1-inch (3cm) ginger, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 chilli pepper, chopped
1 medium sweet potato, peeled, chopped
1/2 tsp of hot pepper
½ tsp sweet pepper
½ tsp turmeric
14 oz. (400g) can chickpeas
2/3 cup (150ml) vegetable broth
1 cup (250ml) coconut milk, canned
3 cups (100g) spinach, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a sauté pan. Sauté the onions (if using) for about 3 minutes. Add the chopped ginger, garlic and chilli pepper. Cook through, stirring, for about 2-3 minutes more.
2. Add the peeled and chopped sweet potato, season with salt and cook for another 2 minutes, then add the spices and mix well.
3. Next, add the chickpeas, broth and coconut milk. Mix everything and bring to a boil.
4. Cook for about 15 minutes without covering, stirring every now and again, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
5. Finally, add the spinach, mix and take off the heat, and wait until it is wilted. Serve with rice.